NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
president Donald Trump announced Wednesday how an Arc de Triomphe-style monument will soon be erected in the nation’s capital to commemorate America’s 250th anniversary in 2026.
Trump said Wednesday that construction of the monument, nicknamed the “Arc de Trump,” would begin “sometime in the next two months,” Trump said a report from Politico.
“It hasn’t started yet. It starts sometime in the next two months. It’s going to be great. Everybody loves it,” Trump reportedly told the outlet during a phone call from Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida. “They love the ballroom too. But they love the Arc de Triomphe.”
The newest monumentwhich resembles Paris’ historic Arc de Triomphe, will be privately funded with funds left over from the new White House ballroom project, Fox News Digital previously reported.

President Donald Trump holds a model of an arch during a ballroom fundraising dinner in the East Room of the White House on October 15, 2025. (Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images)
The exact location of the new landmark has not yet been confirmed, but the report suggests it could be near the Lincoln Monument.
Details on construction time, construction costs, amount of funding and who will lead the project have not yet been announced by the White House.
Trump signed Public Law 116-217 for approval in December 2020 National Monument to Women’s Suffrage be constructed on federal land in Washington, DC, leading to the subsequent signing of the Women’s Suffrage National Monument Location Act during former President Joe Biden’s final week in office.

A model of President Donald Trump’s planned Triumphal Arch to commemorate the country’s 250th anniversary is seen on the Resolute Desk on October 15, 2025. (Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images)
The Women’s Suffrage National Monument Foundation (WSNMF) announced Dec. 4 that it had received final and unanimous approval from the National Capital Planning Commission for a permanent five-acre site on the National Mall in Constitution Gardens, according to the foundation’s website.
Foundation leaders noted that the women’s suffrage monument underwent a “multi-stage, rigorous review process,” including approval by the National Capital Memorial Advisory Commission and the Commission of Fine Arts.
According to its website, the foundation also completed a public comment period with the National Park Service as part of the public scoping process.
It’s unclear whether Trump’s latest proposed monument received similar approval.
The Women’s Suffrage National Monument will be located at the intersection of 19th St. and Constitution Avenue NW, and the next phase of the project will focus on creative development and design.

Rumor has it that the new monument will be built on the National Mall in Washington, DC (Yasin Ozturk/Anadolu Agency)
“The enthusiasm behind this project has been inspiring,” WSNMF President and CEO Anna Laymon wrote in a Dec. 4 statement announcing the final approval. “We are so grateful for the dedicated support of so many who made this possible, including President Trump, President Biden, our honorary chairs, Ms…. Melania TrumpDr. Jill Biden, Ms. Michelle Obama, Ms. Laura Bush and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton; our bipartisan and bicameral congressional sponsors, Senator Blackburn, Senator Baldwin, Congressman Lesko, Congressman Neguse and their dedicated staff; our incredible Board of Directors; and all our partners and supporters.”
Trump breaks ground on massive White House ballroom project with private funding from ‘patriots’
The most recent major monument to be constructed on the National Mall was the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, completed in 2011.
The granite monument was inspired by a line from King’s “I have a dream” Speech delivered nearby on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom in 1963.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
The White House did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.
Amanda Macias of Fox News Digital contributed to this report.



