The US military carried out air strikes against Islamic citizens in Somalia, the first attacks in the African nation during the second term of President Donald Trump.
Defense Minister Pete Hegseth said on Saturday that the strikes of Trump’s US Africa were led by Trump and coordinated with the Somali government.
An initial evaluation of the Pentagon showed that “several” employees were killed. The Pentagon said it was found that no civilians were damaged in the strikes.
Neither the Associated Press news agency nor Reuters were able to check these statements independently.
Trump said in a contribution on social media that a senior was a planner and recruits in the operation.
“The strikes destroyed the caves in which they live and killed many terrorists without harming civilians in any way. Our military has targeted this ISIS attack planner for years, but bidges and his buddies would not act quickly enough to do the work. I did it! “Said Trump.” The message to ISIS and everyone else who would attack the Americans is: “We will find you and kill you!”
Trump did not identify the IS planner or said whether this person was killed in the strike. Officials of the White House did not immediately answer inquiries about comments.

Get daily national news
Get the most important news of the day, political, economic and current headlines that are delivered to your inbox once a day.
The strategy for fighting terrorism of the Pentagon in Africa was tense as two important partners. Chad and nigerDoubled the US armed forces last year and took over important bases that the US military had used to train and carry out missions against terrorist groups The SahelThe huge dry area south of the Sahara desert.

US military officers have warned that the cells have been increasing from the leadership of the group that was moved to North Somalia.
This included how to kidnap Westerners for ransom, how to learn better military tactics, how to hide from drones and how to build their own little quadcopter.
The IS subsidiary in Somalia was built in 2015 as a renegade faction from Al-Shabab, Al-Qaida’s East African Link, and is most active in Puntland, especially in the Galgala mountains Mumin.
While its influence is relatively limited compared to al-Shabaab, attacks in South and Central Somalia were involved in Somalia. The group finances its activities through extortion, smuggling and illegal taxation, especially in some coastal areas in which it tried to control local companies.
Although they are exposed to the pressure of the fight against terrorism by Somali security forces, US air strikes and al-Shabab rivalries, they continue to operate in remote and urban areas to expand its influence through recruitment and propaganda.
According to the international crisis group, the number of IS militants of the country is scattered in the hundreds of hundreds in the Cal Miskaat mountains in the Puntland region in Bari in the Puntland region.
The company on Saturday was followed by military air strikes on January 30th in northwestern Syria and killed a senior operational in Hurras al-Din, a partner al-Qaida, said Us Central Command.

Faruk reported from Mogadischu, Somalia.
This story was published on February 1, 2025.
& copy the Canadian press in 2025