According to Israel, the release of hundreds of Palestinian prisoners is delayed, “until the publication of the next hostages and without the humiliating ceremonies” was insured in Gaza at the handover of the Israeli prisoners.
The explanation of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office took place in the early Sunday local time as military vehicles, which usually move with prisoners with the open gates of the Ofer prison in front of the buses to turn around and return.
The release of 620 Palestinian prisoners had shifted for several hours and should take place shortly afterwards Six Israeli hostages were released on Saturday. It should be the largest one-day prisoner in the first phase of the Gaza cotton arrest.
The announcement of Israel brought the future of the ceasefire abruptly into further doubts.
The Commission for the Palestinian Authority for Prisoners of the prisoners confirmed the delay “until further termination”. Associated press video in the West Bank showed the families of the prisoners who waited and apparently distributed outdoors in almost frozen weather. A woman was shown who went away in tears.
Five of the six free hostages that were liberated on Saturday were accompanied by masked, armed militants – a display that criticized the UN and Red Cross as cruel.
In the Israeli explanation, “ceremonies cited that affect the dignity of our hostages and the cynical use of the hostages for propaganda purposes”. It was probably an indication of a Hamas video with two hostages that do not have to be published in Gaza on Saturday.
The six were the last living hostages that were freed in the first phase of the ceasefire, with a week in the initial phase. The conversations about the second phase of the ceasefire still have to begin.
The six included three Israeli men, who were confiscated by the Nova Music Festival, and another who was visited during the terrorist attack on October 7, 2023 in southern Israel, which was triggered by the 16-month war in Gaza. The other two were held for a decade after entering the Gaza in Gaza.
Five were handed over to staged ceremonies. In addition, in addition to Hamas fighter Omer Wenkert, Omer Shem Tov and Eliya Cohen, were posed. A radiant Shem -Tov, which acted under compulsion, kissed two militants on the head and blew the lot of kisses. They wore false army uniforms even though they were not soldiers when they were kidnapped.
Cohen’s family and friends in Israel sang “Eliya! Eliya! Eliya!” And cheered.
“You are heroes,” Shem Tov told his parents when they hugged, laughed and cried later. “You have no idea how much I dreamed of you.” His father, Malki Shem Tov, told Kan to the public broadcaster that his son was held alone after the first 50 days and lost 17 kilograms (£ 37).
On Saturday, Tal Shoham (40) and Avera Mengistu (38) were freed. Mengistu, an Ethiopian-Israeli, joined Gaza in 2014. His family informed the Israeli media that he had to fight mental health problems. The Israeli Austrian Shoham was taken by Kibbutz Be’eri. His wife and two children were released in an exchange of 2023.
Later, Israel’s military, Hisham al-Sayed, 36, said was released. The Bedouins Israeli entered Gaza in 2015. His family has announced Israeli media that he was previously diagnosed with schizophrenia.
The government of Israel did not answer questions about delay in the publication of prisoners. Hamas accused Israel of violating the ceasefire contract, and spokesman Abdel Latif al-Qanou accused Netanyahu.
The hostage publication followed a heartbreaking dispute when Hamas the wrong body on Thursday Shiri drinkAn Israeli mother kidnapped with her two boys. The remains were found as that of a Palestinian woman. Netanyahu swores revenge for “a cruel and malicious injury”. Hamas suggested that it was a mistake.
The Israeli forensic authorities confirmed that a body handed over on Friday was Bibas. Dr. Chen Kugel, Head of the National Forensic Medicine, said that they had not found any evidence that Bibas and their children were killed in an Israeli air raid, as Hamas claimed. Ball did not give anything.
The Hamas denied the Israeli military assertion based on forensic evidence and not described in more detail that his militants killed the children “with bare hands” and called them as a lie to justify Israeli military actions against civilians in Gaza.