The Brazilian Attorney General on Tuesday accused the former President Jair Bolsonaro on Tuesday to try a coup after his election around 2022 to poison his successor and current President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva and kill a judge of the Supreme Court .
The Attorney General Paulo Gonet claims to stay in power Bolsonaro and 33 others who stand in a plan. The alleged conspiracy, he wrote, contained a plan to poison Lula and to shoot an enemy of the former president, Alexandre de Moraes.
“The members of the criminal organization, which is structured in the Presidential Palace, to attack a plan to reduce institutions to reduce the system of powers and the democratic medals that received the dark name of ‘Green and Yellow Dolch’,” wrote Gonet in A 272 -Dost charges. “The plan was conceived and the president’s knowledge was convinced, and he agreed.”
Bolsonaro can often be seen in Brazil’s yellow-green national football jersey in Brazil, and the colors are associated with its political movement.
Bolsonaro’s defense team said that it had made the allegations with “dismay and outrage”, and added in a statement that the former president had never approved a movement that aims to deconstruct the democratic rule of law or the institutions they underpin. “
Bolsonaro’s son Flávio Bolsonaro, Senator, said on the social platform X that the indictment was “empty” and there was no evidence of misconduct. He accused the general prosecutor’s office to serve “the shameful interests of Lula”.
In November, the Brazilian federal police submitted an 884-page report with Gonet in which the program was described. They claim systematic efforts to sow distrust in the electoral system, to create a decree to enable the land, to put the top military meninging under pressure in order to fit the plan and to enhance a turmoil in the capital.
In the indictment, Gonet described the alleged crimes as part of a chain of events that, with an overarching goal of preventing Bolsonaro from leaving the office, “contrary to the result of the popular will in the surveys”.
The Supreme Court will analyze the indictment and, if this is accepted, Bolsonaro will be on trial.

Bolsonaro previously accused
The former leader denied misconduct.
“I have no concerns about the accusations, Zero,” said Bolsonaro on Tuesday during a visit to the Senate in Brasilia.
“Did you happen to see the coup decree? You didn’t do it. I didn’t have it either,” he said.
Fabio Wajngarten, a lawyer for Bolsonaro, did not immediately comment on the indictment, but said that it would say an explanation without saying when.
The 34 defendants are not only accused of participating in a coup, but are accused of participating in an armed criminal organization, a violent abolition of the democratic rule of law, which, through violence and serious threats to the assets of the state, deterioration of the listed heir an explanation of the press office of the Attorney General.

Gonet said the criminal organization, which he accused, “had the (then) president himself and his running comrade, General Braga Netto”.
“Both accepted, stimulated and performed actions, which in our criminal law legislation are described as an attack on the existence and independence of (the branches) of power and democratic rule,” wrote Gonet in his report.
The alleged crimes have different punishments. If Bolsonaro is convicted of attempting a coup and the violent abolition of democratic rule of law, he could be sentenced to 20 years in prison, according to the country’s penal code.
The charges based on manuscripts, digital files, spreadsheets and news exchange reveal a program to disturb democratic order according to the office of the Attorney General.
“Historical” fees
The accusations are “historical,” said Luis Henrique Machado, a criminal lawyer and professor at IDP University in Brasilia, and adds that he is expecting the Supreme Court of Justice accepting the indictment and Bolsonaro will go to court shortly before the next year .
“The fees show that the institutions of Brazil are robust, independent and agile,” said Machado. “You are a role model for other countries in which democracy is at risk.”
Bolsonaro is locked out of running In the 2026 elections, after the judges, the country’s highest campaign court decided that he abused his power and occupied unfounded doubts about the country’s electronic voting system.
After the charges on Tuesday, Bolsonaro will “position himself as a victim,” said Carlos Melo, professor of political science at Insper University in Sao Paulo. Bolsonaro previously said that his legal problems were an attempt to stop him from returning to office.
“There are surveys that say that he would be competitive in the 2026 elections in 2026, one of them published today,” said Melo. “There will be political dust, but he will settle.”